September 26, 2013
For additional information please contact
Hannah Jones; Nutrition Policy Coordinator
1220 L Street NW Suite 300 Washington DC 20005
We are excited to announce that Danielle Girdano and D’fine Sculpting & Nutrition LLC have been appointed members of The National Alliance for Nutrition and Activity! “I’m hopeful I can contribute to the goals and priorities in helping our country live longer and stronger!” Said Girdano
The National Alliance for Nutrition and Activity (NANA) advocates policies and programs to promote healthy eating and physical activity, with the aim of reducing the illnesses, disabilities, premature deaths, and costs caused by diet- and inactivity-related diseases, such as heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity.
NANA promotes, within the legislative and executive branches of government, a better understanding of the importance of healthy eating, physical activity, and obesity control to the nation’s health and health-care costs. In addition, NANA aims to cultivate champions for nutrition, physical activity, and obesity prevention in Congress and federal agencies. Efforts include supporting effective education and promotion programs, advocating adequate funding for programs, and promoting policy and environmental changes that help Americans eat better and be more physically active.
NANA’s policy priorities include:
- Strengthen the National School Lunch and Other Child Nutrition Programs
- Support Healthier School Lunches
- Support Strong Standards for Snacks and Beverages Sold in Schools
- Other Child Nutrition Resources
- Strengthen School Nutrition and Physical Activity Wellness Policies
- Promote Healthier Food Choices for Public Places
- Support Physical Education and Activity in Schools